- Install, maintain, and calibrate gas and/or liquid meters and associated mechanical and electronic systems
- Witness gas meter calibrations and liquid meter proving
- Procure gas and liquid samples, both spot and composite, and transport hazardous and non-hazardous materials
- Install, maintain, and repair gas and liquid samplers and oinline analyzers
- Install and troubleshoot SCADA eqipment (communications, status inputs, automation and controls)
- Handle special client requests, including system audits and system balance issues
- Help in the training of other technicians
- May act as a working supervisor on multiple technician projects
- Perform job duties onshore and/or offshore, utilizing a company vehicle and/or transportation by helicopter, boat, seaplane, etc. On non-scheduled days, will perform assignments at the office.
- Out of town stay and/or offshore stay is sometimes required
- Maintain work schedule with clients and SPL and notify clients and appropriate personnel if changes are made to the schedule
- Will work a flexible work schedule (i.e., 8 to 16 hours per day, depending on job service requirements and customer needs.) May be required to be part of the "on-call" program on a rotating schedule. Hours can be extended into weekends and/or holidays.
- Maintain and account for assigned SPL property including tools, company vehicle, credit card, cell phone, laptop, sampling equipment, test separator unit, and parts
- Properly prepare all necessary paperwork and documentation of services performed and submit same in a timely manner to proper office personnel for processing
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to carry equipment (not to exceed 50 lbs.) up and down stairs; at times, multiple trips of this nature (due to more than 50 lbs. of equipment) may be required.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as gloves, goggles, safety glasses, hard hats, safety boots, and ear plugs/muffs
- May be exposed to hazardous noise levels at work sites on an occasional basis
- May be required to work in tight quarters and at elevated heights
- High school degree or equivalent is required
- Work experience is desired; technician level may be influenced by relevant experience
- Electrical and/or mechanical experience /knowledge preferred
- Effective communication skills required
Submit Your Resume
To apply for employment with SPL, please use the form below to upload and submit your resume. Please note that only .PDF or .DOC files are accepted.
*indicates mandatory field